The city council of Berkeley, California, voted last Friday against a measure that would have required dentists to inform patients of the composition of dental fillings each time they are recommended.
The most popular dental filling is often called "silver amalgam," despite the fact that it is 50% mercury. Mercury, as most people, and especially medical professionals, know, is a toxic heavy metal that causes permanent damage to the body and the brain. Mercury fillings are especially dangerous, because once they are installed in a patient's mouth, they off-gas toxic vapors which are then inhaled, and the mercury travels through the bloodstream to cause permanent cellular damage to the heart, kidneys, liver and brain.
The medical industry denies that these amalgam fillings are dangerous, although they admit the toxicity of mercury and have no evidence to the contrary. One reason why dentists choose to use this hazardous material is simply because it is cheap, and it is what the insurance companies pay for. The cheaper materials they can use, the more they can increase their profit margins. If people begin to learn the truth about amalgam fillings, then the insurance companies and dental industry will lose a lot of money, or rather, not make quite as much. Either way, they seem to care more about the money than they do about the health or knowledge of their patients or even trying to justify this risky, outdated practice, as they continue trying to keep people in the dark.
Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, wrote an in-depth article covering this issue, which can be read here
. Also, click here
to read an important article by the Health Ranger informing readers how to remove mercury fillings without exposing themselves to toxic mercury vapor.