On Wednesday, Republican Senator Ted Cruz released "The Legal Limit Report No. 4," a definitive list of 76 unlawful actions and abuses of power made by the Obama administration.
Cruz began his report writing, "Of all the troubling aspects of the Obama presidency, none is more dangerous than the President's persistent pattern of lawlessness, his willingness to disregard the written law and instead enforce his own policies via executive fiat."
"President Obama has openly defied [rule of law] by repeatedly suspending, delaying, and waiving portions of the laws that he is charged to enforce. When President Obama disagreed with federal immigration laws, he instructed the Justice Department to cease enforcing the laws. He did the same thing with federal welfare law, drug laws, and the federal Defense of Marriage Act," Cruz wrote. "In the more than two centuries of our nation's history, there is simply no precedent for the White House wantonly ignoring federal law and asking others to do the same."The Daily Caller
obtained a copy of the report and published a list of eight of the 76 illegal actions reported by Cruz:
1. "Obama implemented portions of the DREAM Act by executive action"
2. "Ended some terror asylum restrictions"
3. "Recognized same sex marriage in Utah despite a Supreme Court stay on a court order allowing the institution"
4. "Illegally revealed the existence of sealed indictments in the Benghazi investigation"
5. "Illegally delayed Obamacare verification of eligibility for healthcare subsidies"
6. "Ordered Boeing to fire 1,000 employees in South Carolina and shut down a new factory because it was non-union"
7. "Terminated the pensions of 20,000 non-union Delphi employees in the GM bankruptcy."
8. "Government agencies are engaging in 'Operation Choke Point,' where the government asks banks to 'choke off' access to financial services for customers engaging in conduct the Administration does not like--such as 'ammunition sales.'"
A copy of Cruz's report detailing all 76 illegal actions can be downloaded in PDF or TXT format here
. You can click here
to read the full article from The Daily Caller